Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

You are here: Home :: Forum Home :: Public Forums :: Delicacy :: Thread

And who were you again?

Total Posts: 28

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Hey dears,
I have to say, I know most of you, I met several, I have you on Twitter or FB...
But that's not the case for everyone, so a little introduction thread would be nice.

I'll start!
I'm Key, I live in Berlin with my two male cats and my flatmate, who is a musician.
I became a SG and Darren Hayes fan around '98/'99...I can tell you, it was a very slow process...but they got me hooked...
But it took many years to finally attend a life. My first was during the secret tour 2011 in London.
Than we had the amazing time with the secret out tour...It became ever more special, 'cause I knew so many people there, all a big family!
One of the reasons I'm glad, this forum is back

Signature

The light of stars is shining in your eyes

Total Posts: 10

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

I'm Janet, from the USA. I've been a fan of Darren's since the SG days dating back to August 2000.

I've traveled a few times to see him live in the USA, UK and Ireland. Several of my best friends are also in the fandom and real life are fans also.

Signature

...You hit me like a subway train And I will never be the same And darling I\‘ll follow you down to the ground…

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2014-12-19

PM

Hi, I have been various names, Bromley and JoyceakaBromley but I've decided for the lovely new forum to just be me 'Joyce'.

I live in Bromley, South London with my husband Doug who's also a fan.

I've been a fan of Darren since around 1999 but didn't join the FC until 2002. Since then I've been lucky to see Darren many times in concert and loved each and every one. I have made lots and lots of friends from all over the world through of my love of Darren and his music. Some have become very close friends and we meet up regularly for cinema and theatre visits and meals mostly.

The FC always felt like a home from home to me and it's so good that thanks to Darren we have our forum back again. I can see this is going to become a second home.

Apart from Darren and SG, I also love music by Queen, U2, Keane, Adele, Annie Lennox, Fleetwood Mac and many many more, far too many to mention.

Great post by the way Key, great idea.

xx

Total Posts: 4

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Beautiful idea Key.

For those from the old days may recognise the moniker, the name is still Adam.
Fan from the old days of Savage Garden, but alas to young to join a fan club then. Joined Delicacy back in 2011 in time for the ride that was the Secret Codes and Battleships era.

Seen Darren twice, met many of you at the IndigO2 stop in 2012, and I guess I'm a lifer now!

Pleasure being back with a new outlook and new frame of mind in this nice new place we get to call home once more.

Signature

There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered - Nelson Mandela.

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2014-12-19

PM

dkstoloma - 20 December 2014 12:47 PM
Beautiful idea Key.

Fan from the old days of Savage Garden, but alas to young to join a fan club then. Joined Delicacy back in 2011 in time for the ride that was the Secret Codes and Battleships era.

Seen Darren twice, met many of you at the IndigO2 stop in 2012, and I guess I'm a lifer now!

Pleasure being back with a new outlook and new frame of mind in this nice new place we get to call home once more.

It's so good to see you here my friend. It's like a little haven isn't it, away from all the nasties

xx

Total Posts: 4

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Hi Everyone!

My name is Jenn but I've been Savagedelight in the FC since the beginning! I'm a HUGE SG/Darren fan since the beginning around 1997. I've been a member of the FC since that time. I haven't had a lot of money to see SG/Darren in concert many times, but I saw SG at Radio City Music Hall in NYC during the Affirmation Tour in 2000. I've seen Darren at NYE 2011, The Secret's Out Tour in Glasgow 2012, Borders Boston in 1997, and I attended the SC and BS Playback Session in NYC.
I've met so many amazing fans over the years, many whom I still communicate with and are friends with. I was diagnosed years ago with depression, anxiety, and social anxiety, and being part of this community has truly helped me and shape me into the person I am today. I still battle my problems, but I am lucky to have many of you in my life as friends. I am forever grateful for Darren and to Darren and it's because of him, that many of us came to be friends and share that common bond.
You are truly my second family. I hope you all have a wonderful Holiday my friends!
xx
Jenn

Signature

I can almost taste happiness, it\‘s such a long way off… -Darren Hayes, The Siren\‘s Call

Total Posts: 25

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Love it!

Always been earthlydelites, ever since the old SG fan club days! I think I first joined the fan club in the Affirmation era, about 1999.

I've attended a show for every tour in Sydney since then!

Total Posts: 25

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Joyce - 20 December 2014 01:13 PM
dkstoloma - 20 December 2014 12:47 PM
Beautiful idea Key.

It's so good to see you here my friend. It's like a little haven isn't it, away from all the nasties

xx

It feels lovely to be here, i agree!

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2014-09-03

PM

Oh I havent been anyone but me !!! Spinner Spinny same dude ......... just the same ol' me. Good to see everyone here :)

Signature

I miss my horse avatar !!

Total Posts: 17

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

I've always been TJT but my name is Teresa. I've been a fan of Darren's since 97' and re-discovered him in 2008. I think I joined the FC in 2009.

I'm a photographer and hoping to sell my photos. I also write, crafts, just recently got into acrylic painting, love movies and tv shows. I'm fascinated with the paranormal but at the same time question it. My other music taste is MJ, Katy Perry, The Piano Guys, NKOTB, 70's-80's and whatever else sparks my interest. I have social anxiety so if I don't talk much, seem off etc, that's why; still learning to deal with it, communicating with people and being comfortable.

Total Posts: 6

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

So glad you started this Key!

I'm Jessie (though I did sign off as Jess a lot back in the day). MontyGail is my solid username pretty much everywhere.
I'm from the US, Missouri. I'm 29, if that matters! Just finished my Masters degree in Visual Art...trying to figure out what to do next.

First joined the online community during the Spin era. SG fan since 98. Was around the Sony forum, spent a ton of time on the on the darrenhayescentral forum.
Uhmmmm.....made the transition away from Sony and over the to FC with everyone. Kinda melted away from the online community about 2007/08 ish due to intense school stuff.
Since I've been a broke student most of my life, haven't made any trips to see Darren live oversees. But was always enthusiastically awake at 4am for any online listening parties for a live performance from a radio concert festival, interview, whatever (man, the hysteria that ensued.) . Did get to go to the listening party in Indianapolis for TTATS.

So glad to have this place back. Being a part of this fan community had a beautiful impact on me during some very important years. I'm always going to be grateful for the love and support I found. Hope to reconnect with people I've missed and get ones I haven't met.

Also. Attaching a picture of my face cause, A) what the hell, B) let's see if it works.

Jessie

Image Attachments

gdfgdfg.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Signature

noun \\\\ˈsig-nə-ˌchu̇r, -chər, -ˌtyu̇r, -ˌtu̇r\\\\\\n: a person\‘s name written in that person\‘s handwriting.

Total Posts: 28

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

TJT - 20 December 2014 06:38 PM
I've always been TJT but my name is Teresa. I've been a fan of Darren's since 97' and re-discovered him in 2008. I think I joined the FC in 2009.

I'm a photographer and hoping to sell my photos. I also write, crafts, just recently got into acrylic painting, love movies and tv shows. I'm fascinated with the paranormal but at the same time question it. My other music taste is MJ, Katy Perry, The Piano Guys, NKOTB, 70's-80's and whatever else sparks my interest. I have social anxiety so if I don't talk much, seem off etc, that's why; still learning to deal with it, communicating with people and being comfortable.

This rediscovering sounds like me
^^

I've never forgot SG and their music, but sadly Darren was not really prominent in Germany after he went solo in 2001 I discovered Japanese music, which did change my life like nothing else did...
I somehow really came back to Darren, really rediscovered what he did around 2009/10, thanks to a beautiful friend who I got to know thanks to one of my other favourite bands, Placebo. we both were in a small, really sweet forum, which felt like family, too. I'm still friends with most of the regulars there. But we both somehow end up realising, that we always loved SG and rediscovered what Darren was up to since than. I found the FC and it was brilliant little thing...so I joined and never ever regretted it.

Signature

The light of stars is shining in your eyes

Total Posts: 3

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

First off, it's so nice to be home!

Little introduction, I'm Geo, and have been a fan of Darren's since TTATS. Always liked SG but that album, pretty much got me hooked. Have seen him 5 times, the last time being at Birmingham Symphony Hall for the Secrets out tour which not only being the best gig ever, it was the first time me and my partner in crime Amy got to meet Darren!
I'm still a lover of wolves, they're still the most beautiful creatures in my eyes and I am still a carer for my mum but she's doing so much better now.
That's all I can think of for now.

Laters! X

Signature

Glitter, Glitter… Everywhere!!!

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2014-09-03

PM

Ooh hello everybody! Well I'm Gemma, aka Gemmadh on Twitter, YouTube, everywhere really lol I'm a long term SG and Darren fan and it's good to be home! :)

Signature

Ooooh… Shiny!

Total Posts: 3

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Beautiful idea Key, thank you so much.
I'm Sue Hill, aka Suzz, fan since 2003. Love Darren, love his music both of whom/which have been a huge inspiration to me, and got me through heartbreakingly tough times. x

Total Posts: 5

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Ai, thank you Key for starting this thread <3

I'm Oksana. Darren fan since .. hm .. 1997 when he was part of Savage Garden. First time I saw him was in Moscow, October 2002 and since that time I can't stop myself from travelling for my music passion. You know it oh so well, the feeling when you grab your suitcase and go to other country to see your fave singer or band, meet old good friends and some new ones. That's it, many of you become my family now and I can't stop to thanks Darren for that.

Aside my fangirling life I'm very boring person tho. I love to spend my time at home, surfing Internet and stuff but political situation in my country made me to be more concerned about human rights and world peace. Can't call myself activist but I just can't stay silent against hate toward people I even don't know.

xoxo

Signature

Without heedless impressions no one needs more confessions