Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

You are here: Home :: Forum Home :: Public Forums :: Delicacy :: Thread

And what have you been up to?

Total Posts: 28

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Hey dears,

since it's been a while for some of us...What happened in your life since last year?
The year is nearly over...How was 2014 for you?

Signature

The light of stars is shining in your eyes

Total Posts: 10

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

I've been working hard in my job all year, much more recently due to many changes and more work. I've also gone a few places within my part of the USA too.

Signature

...You hit me like a subway train And I will never be the same And darling I\‘ll follow you down to the ground…

Total Posts: 7

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

So many changes for me in my life in 2014, some out of my control, others deliberate choice. I'm hoping 2015 will be a year of new beginnings - this forum is a sign!

I'll change my user name to my own, but fallen angel is how many people know me, so I wanted to use that first.

X Lynne

Signature

\“Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light.” Dumbledore.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Hmmm, back to work after maternity leave, been to more gigs than I anticipated but that's always a good thing... it's not often I get a spare minute now! 2014 has been lovely for the most part.

Total Posts: 25

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

I've changed jobs, travelled overseas by myself to see Kate Bush, and am saving for a new unit, building my property empire! 2013 was a tough one for me so I was grateful for all the little blessings that turned up in my life this year.

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2014-12-19

PM

It's been a very up and down year for me I'm afraid. Bouts of illness, including a very serious one in the summer have marred what started out as a good year when we went to New Zealand and Singapore for almost 6 weeks. Should have gone to see Culture Club earlier this month but unfortunately the concerts were cancelled due to George's illness. This is the first year that I haven't been to any concerts at all, which is very strange. Hopefully 2015 will be a lot kinder.

xx

Total Posts: 17

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

There's been ups and downs but things could be a lot worse. I've joined a photography group to learn more about photography and to do something that terrified me (sounds weird I know). I also started my first what is turning, into a novel. It's a paranormal one. I got the idea from a nightmare. I knew I had to make a story from it so I wrote down what I dreamed and when I woke back up for the day, started writing the story around it. Not entirely sure what will become of it when I am done but it's a challenge and different than what I usually write.

Total Posts: 6

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Well, I vanished while I was working on my undergrad visual art degree. Got that done, got into grad school. Finished my thesis work last May. So, now I moved back home to be near my family for a few years. Trying to figure out how to negotiate the steps of having a new MFA degree in sculpture and translating that into something that will help me work towards my life goals while....in Missouri. Also just finished rereading Harry Potter and completed a Supernatural marathon (Did I mention I've been jobless for 8 months? Just got a job actually this week). So..you know....exciting!

Hope 2015 is kind to everyone. 2014 kinda sucked on a global scale.

Jessie

Signature

noun \\\\ˈsig-nə-ˌchu̇r, -chər, -ˌtyu̇r, -ˌtu̇r\\\\\\n: a person\‘s name written in that person\‘s handwriting.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Well, let's just say 2014 was a hell of a year. Positives and negatives, but the negatives brought incredible positives with them.
Most people who may have known me from the old days but haven't kept in touch will be glad to hear that I'm living much more openly with my sexuality.
If anything this year has taught me the value of self confidence, self belief and above all, having the right people in your life.

I have a feeling that while I'm glad to be back here, my time here will be intermittent. I'm leaving or have left most social media and I'm on a journey to find out just who I am and what I can do this year. I'm going to be pushing myself out of my comfort zones and hopefully doing things and going places I only dreamt I could.

I'm glad this year happened, but now it's time to see where I can go from here on out. X

Signature

There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered - Nelson Mandela.

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

dkstoloma - 21 December 2014 05:08 AM
Well, let's just say 2014 was a hell of a year. Positives and negatives, but the negatives brought incredible positives with them.
Most people who may have known me from the old days but haven't kept in touch will be glad to hear that I'm living much more openly with my sexuality.
If anything this year has taught me the value of self confidence, self belief and above all, having the right people in your life.

I have a feeling that while I'm glad to be back here, my time here will be intermittent. I'm leaving or have left most social media and I'm on a journey to find out just who I am and what I can do this year. I'm going to be pushing myself out of my comfort zones and hopefully doing things and going places I only dreamt I could.

I'm glad this year happened, but now it's time to see where I can go from here on out. X

you know, you have always a place you can come back to. your save haven

<3

Love you little bro!

MontyGail - 20 December 2014 07:09 PM
Well, I vanished while I was working on my undergrad visual art degree. Got that done, got into grad school. Finished my thesis work last May. So, now I moved back home to be near my family for a few years. Trying to figure out how to negotiate the steps of having a new MFA degree in sculpture and translating that into something that will help me work towards my life goals while....in Missouri. Also just finished rereading Harry Potter and completed a Supernatural marathon (Did I mention I've been jobless for 8 months? Just got a job actually this week). So..you know....exciting!

Hope 2015 is kind to everyone. 2014 kinda sucked on a global scale.

Jessie

Congratulation on finding an new job and finishing your theses! May 2015 really be great for you...new job is a great new start!

TJT - 20 December 2014 06:51 PM
There's been ups and downs but things could be a lot worse. I've joined a photography group to learn more about photography and to do something that terrified me (sounds weird I know). I also started my first what is turning, into a novel. It's a paranormal one. I got the idea from a nightmare. I knew I had to make a story from it so I wrote down what I dreamed and when I woke back up for the day, started writing the story around it. Not entirely sure what will become of it when I am done but it's a challenge and different than what I usually write.

that does sound interesting! ^^ I have a book with notes of my dreams I want t turn into a story, but sadly there were no new ideas to really shape it yet...but I maybe I will just start writing them down and see what will come from it. I hope I will be able to read your story!

Joyce - 20 December 2014 03:39 PM
It's been a very up and down year for me I'm afraid. Bouts of illness, including a very serious one in the summer have marred what started out as a good year when we went to New Zealand and Singapore for almost 6 weeks. Should have gone to see Culture Club earlier this month but unfortunately the concerts were cancelled due to George's illness. This is the first year that I haven't been to any concerts at all, which is very strange. Hopefully 2015 will be a lot kinder.

xx

I'm just glad Joyce, that in the end everything could be solved...I wish you the best for 2015! Especially health!

earthlydelites - 20 December 2014 03:15 PM
I've changed jobs, travelled overseas by myself to see Kate Bush, and am saving for a new unit, building my property empire! 2013 was a tough one for me so I was grateful for all the little blessings that turned up in my life this year.

Building your own empire? that sounds fun!

Signature

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

You all wrote something, so I guess, I should do the same, shouldn't I?
2014...that was a strange year indeed.
I expected it to be pretty different.
But well I began to write again, thanks to my new found muse. who I actually met in April in Wales, which was lovely. I made many new friends and had a great time.
Sadly at work I'm still a bit stuck, hopefully I can finally start my training next year to get my promotion.
I was a nice person and got a flatmate, which can be interesting.
Than there was a very sad time in August, when I lost my Cousin. it lead to me removing myself from most social media and getting a second cat, who just sits beside me purring.
I'm better now, just my body doesn't think so, having problems with my knee and back. But hopefully it will be better next year.
I plan to finally go back to Japan, seeing many friends again. I miss them a lot

Signature

Total Posts: 3

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Last time I was here I was unemployed and desperately trying to get a job...
I can say in March 2015 I will have been in my current job for two years! It's brilliant, I work in a shop with a great team, my manager Nikki is the most wonderful boss you could have, she really understands my situation at home with my mum. The only thing that could top it off if my place was a bookstore. But I am happy.
Also this year I am now a huge fan of Adam Lambert!!! Can't wait for his next album as want to see him live. Another person who I love is Cassandra Clare, the Author of The Mortal Instruments, The Infernal Devices and The Bane Chronicles. I am addicted to her works, and loved the film.
That's pretty much been it. All set for Christmas, got 4 days off starting Tuesday so quite happy. X

Signature

Glitter, Glitter… Everywhere!!!

Total Posts: 1

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Why hello again lovelies! As it seems it was for many of us, 2014 was a year of ups and downs for me. My husband and I lost our oldest pup and both of our grandmothers. But my sister had our first niece and nephew (little twins), cal took a promotion, and I've decided to change the path of my life from a stressful office world to a (hopefully) slower one and am working towards becoming a yoga instructor.
So great to see so many of you again !

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Randomeperson2400 - 21 December 2014 02:19 PM
Why hello again lovelies! As it seems it was for many of us, 2014 was a year of ups and downs for me. My husband and I lost our oldest pup and both of our grandmothers. But my sister had our first niece and nephew (little twins), cal took a promotion, and I've decided to change the path of my life from a stressful office world to a (hopefully) slower one and am working towards becoming a yoga instructor.
So great to see so many of you again !

Great to see you Shan!
And all the best for your new path!
I miss you!

Signature

Total Posts: 5

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Well, for me this year was good tho. As I lost my job at the end of last year, I decide to take some rest and live for my only pleasure. Same as last year, I've spend a lot time of travelling between Germany Sweden and Finland (fangirling life you know), going anti-war and anti-government demonstrations, find new family member Smokie Peach The Great (this is a cat), meet a lot lovely people and still believe in love and peace.

Signature

Without heedless impressions no one needs more confessions

Total Posts: 17

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

TJT - 20 December 2014 06:51 PM

Key - 21 December 2014 06:50 AM
that does sound interesting! ^^ I have a book with notes of my dreams I want t turn into a story, but sadly there were no new ideas to really shape it yet...but I maybe I will just start writing them down and see what will come from it. I hope I will be able to read your story!

Sometimes just taking notes on ideas for a story will form into a rough draft and then you can details/dialogue later. I don't know how long it will take me to write mine then edit it but I will let everyone know when I'm done. Some people may not want to read it though because there will be violence. Kinda like with 'The Shinning' but worse. I even have a hard time writing it but it's what coming out so I "have no choice". I do have other stories in a blog. If interested in reading them, let me know and I can tweet you the link.

Good luck on your stories. You never know when something will click and things will pour out and write itself.