Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

You are here: Home :: Forum Home :: Public Forums :: Darren Hayes :: Thread

Hello

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2020-04-12

PM

I thought I'd tell you a lot of things. But I just want to say thank you to your parents for having you. And thank you for what you are. You are my inspiration to not give up and an example of how to live. I feel you and LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE you forever. You're incredible! Be safe:)

there are 845 letters O
:D

Joined 2020-04-17

PM

Hey Darren, a newbie here. Straight after The Tension And The Spark tweet-along tonight... I am not on Twitter but I could read all the comments on each song - a much anticipated moment. How can I find any words to say how fantastic that was? I sat there listening and reading, going through your extraordinary work of art, loving all the songs...and I was so happy for you to bathe in this sea of human love coming from all the people, their fabulous reactions, their interest and gratitude. What can ever be more precious?
THANK YOU, incredible artist! Never written anything like that to a 'celebrity', which you are ridiculously not :). I won't be able to sleep tonight. You touched my soul and my world with your artistry, your talent, your hard work, your pain, heartbreak, your soul and your loving heart...so much. LOVE from a beating heart in Russia. Olya

P.S. I rediscovered you only a few months back as I was looking for an escape from sadness in my life. Turned to music on YouTube, Savage Garden popped up (yeah I used to fancy them back in the day, I remembered, and immediately felt a warmth in my heart). Began 'investigating' - and doing this, step by step I completely got away from the miserablism of my life. It wasn't just the music alone, but you as a personality and your way as a human being and an artist, Darren. And what a journey it's been!
And now look where I am - totally hooked, having all your CDs on repeat play, shocked at having missed your unbelievable solo path but so thankful I got there in the end. A looong-time fan of Pet Shop Boys by the way :) and your occasional tweet about them made me cry 'Yes!' haha. Thank you for the music! Please never stop! Stay safe! xx

Joined 2020-04-21

PM

Hey all!

It's so good to be back on this forum, I had to make a new profile as I couldn't remember my username or email (I think username was Janwise, but not sure).

Really excited to get chatting to you all again and of course you too Darren!

I pinched this from MontyGail hehehe.

Name: Janine
Fave Song: Darkness or Words, I can't decide!
Fave Album: The Tension and The Spark

Weird random fact about you: Hmm I don't really have any.....I am weird and random if that counts? XD

What have you been up to lately?: Not a lot other than work and living life. I've calmed down a lot since the last time I interacted within this community, I got diagnosed bipolar so I'm medicated now and a lot less intense! One of my favourite pictures I have is of me and Darren from his New Years Eve show in London 2009, and I have super intense crazy eyes!! Would definitely like to get a picture where I look relatively normal!

Anyhoo, I'm really excited to chat and get to know people :D

Signature

and your words are like weapons, but you keep them inside

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Finally logged on here and using my old nickname!
Such a blast from the past seeing Darren posting.
Missed everything about this little Darren world of ours, used to be such a massive part of my life.
Not much else changed getting older, a little wiser, rounder.
Happy you are coming back to us.
Jayne

Joined 2014-09-03

PM

Hi

I hope everyone is well and taking care of themselves, it took me a while to log back in again but it's great to be back.

Wow I absolutely love this place and spent many happy hours chatting with friends and waiting for D to appear! So many amazing memories of meet and greets, side 2 tour, RAH, dvd screening and awaiting album releases.

My daughter is now 17 and turns 18 at the end of May. So incredibly proud of her completing course work for A Levels she won't be able to take. I work in education as a 1:1 Teaching Assistant but have not been called into work as yet.

We're so incredibly lucky to be safe and thank everyone who plays a part by being key workers ❤ you're amazing and should be so proud.

The most amazing thing to come from this forum, is the most wonderful group of friends I've made - we still continue to chat and support each other after all these years.

Thanks D for everything you have given and shared with us and thanks for being you - you're incredibly kind and honest and know we will never let go of your hand.

Much love always, Lorna xx

"And I complicate
In a disconcerting heartfelt way
But I have good intentions"

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2014-09-03

PM

WildWildHeart - 05 March 2020 04:29 AM
Whoa... I think last time I was on here was for a live chat. Our uni internet went down so I spent a fortune freezing in a phone box in the snow... Seriously mate - some of your fans were a bit nuts!

Can we get tickets for the next smash hit musical on here yet? I am NOT waiting for it to tour like Hamilton. ;)

Anything you’d like to share about that? Is it moving? Funny? Pure joy? (Les Mis/Book of Mormon/Wicked..)

Wait.... how do I do a sig? Baha!
And what on EARTH did we used to use the other 5000 characters for!? This is already an essay.

If you're familiar with my song, 'Neverland' you'll have an idea of what inspired my musical ;)

Joined 2014-09-03

PM

savagedelight - 05 March 2020 06:23 AM
Hi D!

I hope you are well! I enjoy Huxley’s pics, he really is the sweetest biggest personality!
I was wondering if you’ll be attending SW Celebration this summer as well as Disneyland’s Star Wars Nite on the opening night of Celebration? I’ll be there at both so I’d love to see you and give you a big hug!
Please stay extra safe due to the Coronavirus!
Big Love!
Jenn

Hi Jenn - I highly doubt Celebration will go ahead. I don't think there'll are public gatherings of that size for a while. And if they did go ahead, I wouldn't attend.

Total Posts: 14

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Prue - 12 April 2020 06:07 AM
How are you?

I've been thinking about the Talk Talk Talk podcast lately. I found my ipod (so 2008) and I think it still has some of the episodes. Maybe I'll charge it and try to listen.

Hey Prue, if you private message me your email I can try to get the files to you. I have them saved.

Holly

Total Posts: 3

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Hello Darren!

It's good to see you on here again. I hope you are well and coping with these unique and difficult times. It seems strange in a way to be on this forum again as it's been so long. I used to spend hours catching up on here in the days of the FC. I'm glad you keep us up to date with your life on social media. I loved the performance you did for Stonewall. Such a beautiful rendition of a favourite song. It was a nice touch blending it with Kate's 'Cloudbusting'. I hope things are progressing with your musical. Your music still means so much to me and has given me a lot of pleasure over the years and I have many happy memories of attending your tours and making special friends. Hope we'll hear you sing 'live' again some day. Much love. XX

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Darren Hayes - 29 April 2020 05:47 AM
savagedelight - 05 March 2020 06:23 AM
Hi D!

I hope you are well! I enjoy Huxley’s pics, he really is the sweetest biggest personality!
I was wondering if you’ll be attending SW Celebration this summer as well as Disneyland’s Star Wars Nite on the opening night of Celebration? I’ll be there at both so I’d love to see you and give you a big hug!
Please stay extra safe due to the Coronavirus!
Big Love!
Jenn

Hi Jenn - I highly doubt Celebration will go ahead. I don't think there'll are public gatherings of that size for a while. And if they did go ahead, I wouldn't attend.

Hi D!
Thanks for the reply. I agree with you and I will not be going either at this stage. I wrote this long before things got worse with COVID-19. I will not be going anywhere crowded or public for a long time. My anxiety has been off the charts and it keeps me up most nights and my panic attacks worsen. I worry for my dad who has many medical problems, especially with his lungs. If he got COVID-19 it would be fatal for him. Do you have any advice on coping with anxiety during all this? Stay safe!
Love,
Jenn

Signature

I can almost taste happiness, it\‘s such a long way off… -Darren Hayes, The Siren\‘s Call

Joined 2020-04-30

PM

Wow, I can not believe that I am back on the boards.

Such a fantastic surprise and during this time of lock down it is much needed.

Actually sitting here listening to The album Spin, Like it or not. Actually been listening to all of your songs. Watching videos, and it is helping me to get through this horrendous time. Something I never ever thought I would see in my lifetime.

Going to have a wonder around the site again.

My old username was Darren’s Soul mate.

Anyhoo, Hi everyone, stay safe.

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2014-12-19

PM

It's been a very very long time since I have posted on here, probably around 2013 or thereabouts and a lot has happened in that time hasn't it. I guess at the mo wherever we live we are unfortunately living with this terrible virus amongst us. Plans that we've all made for this year have had to be cancelled, or postponed until a better time. At the end of this month we were due to fly out to Vancouver and then Alaska but it wasn't to be. Disappointing of course but hopefully next year, the year after, or whenever we will get back there again. We were fortunate to spend time in Alaska and Canada in 2018 and couldn't wait to go back as it was so beautiful. There were things to celebrate, a special anniversary, a cousin's special birthday. At the end of the day though you have to push those disappointments to one side and say, 'we're here, we're healthy and we can and will get through this'. Yesterday was not a good day, my anxiety and depression were extremely high. I just wanted to sleep this time away but today I feel a bit better. It's such an odd thing not to be able to see friends and family, give them a hug, or even speak to strangers on the bus or along the street. Instead we avoid people, it's not natural but it is the thing to do at the moment. I have a lot of friends who live on their own, a lot are widows and it must be so very difficult if you are in that situation

I don't know how others are getting through this difficult time but I'm really trying to do a lot of my artwork. It's nothing particularly special but I find it therapeutic and very relaxing. I have my music on while doing it and for a few hours I can forget the troubles of the world. I've found time to read. I'd seen various film and TV versions of Pride and Prejudice over the years but never read the book. I've had it in my bookcase for years and never got round to it but I have now. It made me realise many other classics I should and could get around to reading. At this time of year I'm always buying plants for the garden and always enjoy going to choose the ones I want to see through the summer. This year is different but fortunately my favourite garden centre has on line ordering, so problem solved. The plants have arrived and are all set to be a good array of colour.

It's so good to see so many names I recognise and new ones which is good. This forum was always a wonderful place to come to in the past. The chat room was wonderful and I think a lot of used to love chatting with friends on there regularly. From time to time Darren would be there as well which was of course a terrific bonus. It's so good that this forum is becoming lively again. I'll try not to leave it so long this time. xx

Joined 2020-05-02

PM

Hello Darren,

Just want to say Thank You! I'm deaf wallowing in self pity when I saw you talk to me via your 'Crash and Burn' video. Seeing you talk made me realized I'm not alone.. it made me think of the people around me.. who cares for me.. it made me want to continue. You like stared right into my soul with that video. Again, thank you. I wish I'll be able to hear your voice.. your songs in my next life.

Keep safe..

Anna.

Total Posts: 13

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Hi D,
What a great surprise to go to delete my spam and have a message to say someone posted on the boards after all this time. I must say it was hastily marked as NOT spam and I have hot footed my way here, be it a couple of months overdue. Well I am 60 later this year, so it was probably more of a tepid footed sort of thing.
What's been happening?
The last couple of years have been difficult. I sadly lost my mom in September last year at the same time my dad had been diagnosed with bladder cancer so both of them were worrying about each other rather than worrying about their own illness. I miss every single thing about my Mom. Love you xx
Anxiety has plagued me , some days I win ,some days I don't but I try to start each day with a clean slate, especially in these uncertain times but it ain't easy. Today I tried to defeat my foe by digging up the weeds from the drive and enjoying the fresh air. A smile came to my face when I remembered excitedly and quickly backing my car off the same driveway as I was off to see Darren sing live and backed straight into another car. Neither of us drivers were injured ,so I left my husband to deal with the fallout and with a change of plan my sis drove into Brum and I didn't miss a note. Yeah !
Since lockdown here in the UK my main hobby is eating. All of the things I shouldn't, chocolates, biscuits and cakes are a few of the delicacies of which I partake. What foods are you eating during lockdown and have your eating habits changed ? Mine have to fit in with getting up late and going to bed at about 4 or 5 am. It's not a good routine ,I know but I am sure I'm a nocturnal animal and always have been.
It's so good to be back here. I've missed this place and yow lot. (Black Country for you)
Take care and be safe xx

Total Posts: 13

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Hi Darren,
I forgot to say that thank you for sharing what was the inspiration for your musical, namely Neverland.
This has made me think perhaps it is based around your childhood imagination, inventing and creating a means of escape or could I be completely off and it's a whodunnit ?
What does everyone else think?
As my mind is in need of a workout , I thought I could do some imaginative amateur sleuthing ,if you would be kind enough to provide clues or concrete evidence ;) regarding your forthcoming production , I would be very much obliged to in order to keep me occupied until I can see the musical on stage.
Yours, in anticipation of any snippets you can drop my way.
No s**t ,
Suelock Hopes
X