Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

You are here: Home :: Forum Home :: Public Forums :: Darren Hayes :: Thread

Hello

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2014-09-03

PM

I haven't written on a message board in a loooong time. How are you? What's going on? What can I share with you?

Love
Me

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2014-09-03

PM

Whoa... I think last time I was on here was for a live chat. Our uni internet went down so I spent a fortune freezing in a phone box in the snow... Seriously mate - some of your fans were a bit nuts!

Can we get tickets for the next smash hit musical on here yet? I am NOT waiting for it to tour like Hamilton. ;)

Anything you’d like to share about that? Is it moving? Funny? Pure joy? (Les Mis/Book of Mormon/Wicked..)

Wait.... how do I do a sig? Baha!
And what on EARTH did we used to use the other 5000 characters for!? This is already an essay.

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Hi D!

I hope you are well! I enjoy Huxley’s pics, he really is the sweetest biggest personality!
I was wondering if you’ll be attending SW Celebration this summer as well as Disneyland’s Star Wars Nite on the opening night of Celebration? I’ll be there at both so I’d love to see you and give you a big hug!
Please stay extra safe due to the Coronavirus!
Big Love!
Jenn

Signature

I can almost taste happiness, it\‘s such a long way off… -Darren Hayes, The Siren\‘s Call

Total Posts: 18

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Hi :)

What have I been up to, trying to have a better year than last year. Last year I had 3 deaths in my family, one being my mom and financially was pretty tough. This year has started out better but still needs more work. At least everyone I love is alive, healthy etc. I do have bad arthritis in my knees and ankle so that hasn't been fun especially when I want to go do photography stuff and I can't have an outside job because of it. I am learning a little more about a type of photography called light painting. It's using light tools to create photos in pitch black and it's all straight from the camera. The R2D2 abstract photo I sent to you on twitter is the result of light painting (I just used a blue el wire and a black fiber optic brush). I will at some point use my Darth Vader and BB8 for light painting subjects. I am doing what I can to work through my anxiety/social anxiety, trying to read a little more, trying to be a little more positive about things and hope to write more short stories (for fun). Oh and my youngest son got married a couple of weeks ago. Nothing much else, just trying to get through life and trying to enjoy it.

Anything you want to talk about is good, I'm not picky. :) I do love seeing photos of your new dog Huxley. He is adorbs. I hope things are good with you and your family. Take care and much love

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2014-09-03

PM

It’s been so long! Getting married in September! That’s my update for this year!!!

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Hey D, I hope you and yours are well. Huxley is just wonderful.

Wow. Where do I start.
Well it took me about 26 million hours to remember my log In for here lol.
I miss you.

I was having a love affair with your voice the other day on Spotify and it just seemed like so long ago but like only yesterday. Those albums are older than Spotify. I was listening to ‘California’ through the Alexa and it just blew my mind. All this tech that allows us to enjoy music differently now (because my CD player died). And my iPod’s died. I miss the old school cds and iPod.

Anyhoo i digress.
I was reading some of your words of wisdom to me back in 2015 the other day. I didn’t recognise that person I was anymore. Thank the stars! I guess I wasn’t really listening them but reading it back you were 110% right and I’m glad I took wise uncle D’s advice if only the long way around.

I’m happy now.
My battle with depression is good. I’m still working on my anxiety. I’m engaged now. My man is wonderful. We get married in August. Who would of thought eh?

My entrance song for the wedding is I knew I loved you.
And of course the DJ has some of yours and Sg’s songs on there for the reception.

Anyhoo,

All my love, Hails

Signature

“I believe your most attractive features are your heart and soul”

Total Posts: 2

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Hi,
Wow it’s been a long while since I’ve logged on here, I had to reset my password as I totally forgot it lol. I’ve missed the old forum days.

Hope you are doing ok

Total Posts: 4

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Bless you Darren. I will share what is happening in my life here.
Basically I am very in touch with my parents. Sadly, Dad had a stroke in February 2019. From being an incredible man with an MBE, Dad is now in a care home with no mobility.

I just ask you all please to keep this to here. It is heartbreaking that this is happening, but we are no longer allowed to visit Dad, especially as it's likely that Dad may not be around for much longer xxx

Joined 2014-09-03

PM

We finally fixed the message board, which is SO 1990's I can't believe it. But I'm here. I'm back. I wanna talk to you. xx

Joined 2014-09-03

PM

Suzz - 17 March 2020 02:05 PM
Bless you Darren. I will share what is happening in my life here.
Basically I am very in touch with my parents. Sadly, Dad had a stroke in February 2019. From being an incredible man with an MBE, Dad is now in a care home with no mobility.

I just ask you all please to keep this to here. It is heartbreaking that this is happening, but we are no longer allowed to visit Dad, especially as it's likely that Dad may not be around for much longer xxx

I'm so, so sorry to hear this Suzz. Love to you. xxx

Total Posts: 8

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

I see familiar "faces!"

Hi everyone! Man, I miss the days of the ol dh boards. This was my family, support system and a huge part of my life me late teens and early 20's. Here I am mid 30's and you all have been in my heart and mind all along. I hope everyone has been well and endured life's ups and downs with the love, grace and sense of humor we all always seemed to share. Even if not, I send my love.

I went from art student to working in Student Affairs in higher ed. Currently I work in student housing and things are finally calming down from moving everyone out early.

I have spent the last few weeks working along a lot...and just being alone as the lone person in my household. I found myself floating back to and really spending time with the music that defined my life....and it's fitting that this returns as well, to go along.

I found some old dh board siggy images the other day and cracked up at my photoshop skills. I might pull them out later.

Love you all,
Jessie

Signature

noun \\\\ˈsig-nə-ˌchu̇r, -chər, -ˌtyu̇r, -ˌtu̇r\\\\\\n: a person\‘s name written in that person\‘s handwriting.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2014-12-19

PM

Hi Darren! I'm Maru Ortiz from Mexico, I think this is the first time I use and post on this Forum ;) at least that I remember.

It's so cool you're over here again, I never had the chance to belong to your Forums before. I really appreciate you're trying to be closer to fans in these crazy wild times. I'm in quarantine since march 15 and it's been a ride. I'm pretty well since I'm used to be in my home most of the time, but some days I start to feel kinda sad and miss a lot of things. I'm with my 10 year old son and my husband and we're taking it really well so I'm grateful for that.

Thank you for all your posts on social media, I love to know how are you these days. I can't wait the moment for all this to end.

I send you, Richard and the beautiful Huxley all my love.

A big virtual hug to you <3<3

Joined 2014-09-03

PM

MontyGail - 10 April 2020 08:40 PM
I see familiar "faces!"

Hi everyone! Man, I miss the days of the ol dh boards. This was my family, support system and a huge part of my life me late teens and early 20's. Here I am mid 30's and you all have been in my heart and mind all along. I hope everyone has been well and endured life's ups and downs with the love, grace and sense of humor we all always seemed to share. Even if not, I send my love.

I went from art student to working in Student Affairs in higher ed. Currently I work in student housing and things are finally calming down from moving everyone out early.

I have spent the last few weeks working along a lot...and just being alone as the lone person in my household. I found myself floating back to and really spending time with the music that defined my life....and it's fitting that this returns as well, to go along.

I found some old dh board siggy images the other day and cracked up at my photoshop skills. I might pull them out later.

Love you all,
Jessie

Loved this! xx

Joined 2014-09-03

PM

Hi everyone. Hi Darren would you please check wepaintoseethis gmail inbox? Thanks.

Joined 2020-04-12

PM

How are you?

I've been thinking about the Talk Talk Talk podcast lately. I found my ipod (so 2008) and I think it still has some of the episodes. Maybe I'll charge it and try to listen.

Total Posts: 8

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Wanted to extend a welcome, hi, hello! To the new faces that have popped in. It appears the rest of forum isn't...uh...functioning accurately right now but I think it would be fun to catch up/get to know eachother still!

So.
Name:
Fave Song:
Fave Album:
Weird random fact about you:
What have you been up to lately?:
Or any darn thing you want to share:

So. Me:
Jessie
Missouri, USA (currently St. Louis area)
...fuck..uh..."Crash and Burn" I guess
TTATS
I am a big fan of Supernatural and go to cons, involved in that fandom. It's where I have been internet wise since probably this forum closed. Haha
Lately? I work a lot. I guess my big life update is finally being diagnosed as Bi-Polar and getting medication regulated. It's been a really positive experience after years of just wandering in the woods of "try these pills!" Turns out on was in the wrong forest. So all good there. I'm a big supporter of stigma erasure around MH so I'm very open and lucky enough to be able to have those conversations in my work with college student's.

I think that's it.
Anyone else have any random chatting to share??

Oh! Twitter handle: jessieteasippin if anyone wants to follow! I warn. I talk about supernatural a lot.

Signature

noun \\\\ˈsig-nə-ˌchu̇r, -chər, -ˌtyu̇r, -ˌtu̇r\\\\\\n: a person\‘s name written in that person\‘s handwriting.