Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

You are here: Home :: Forum Home :: Public Forums :: Off-Topic :: Thread

I need to ask permission to use the lyrics for Truly, Madly, Deeply for my novel

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2015-05-30

PM

I'm desperate. Truly, madly, deeply desperate!

I am a self-published author of three books, ‘Courting Pippa’, ‘Lifesaver in a Bikini’ and ‘Return to Cameron Country.’

‘Return to Cameron Country’ is the first in a series of seven novels, the second of which is entitled ‘Cameron of the Skies,' which is currently undergoing editing. In relation to this second book in the series, I would like to ask for your help. Please point me in the right direction.

I am seeking permission to use the lyrics of the song ‘Truly, Madly, Deeply’ which features prominently in this story. No other song in the entire universe fits this romantic story. Without it, the novel wouldn't be half as good.

Specifically, I need permission to use the lyrics

I want to stand with you on a mountain.

I want to bathe with you in the sea.

I want to lay like this forever.

Until the sky falls down on me.

I've tried contacting .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) twice for assistance but both times they came back undeliverable. Is there someone here who could point me in the right direction?

Please.

Sincerely,

Angelina Sy Tan
(AKA Angelin Sydney)

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2014-09-03

PM

Please check your pms

Signature

I miss my horse avatar !!

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2015-05-30

PM

Hi Spinner,

A superbig 'Thank you' for the reply.

My novel will not be half as good without quoting those lines, I pray and hope that they'd let me use it.

I email to fanmail as adviced. Thanks again.

Angelina

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2015-07-18

PM

I know my biggest fan, it's Eminem, god bless all U my dear children. Gosh...... I don't temember what wanted to say.
%!

Joined 2015-07-18

PM

What does rock? Join me in death (wiilly walo- willy wonka)

Joined 2015-07-18

PM

Exuse me, what smartphone U use. I blame asha 210.