Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

You are here: Home :: Forum Home :: Public Forums :: Darren Hayes :: Thread

Darren - The Actor

Total Posts: 6

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Thanks so much Holly for the review! I've always thought Darren would make a great actor. Wish I could have been there to see it, but your review took me there!
x

Signature

\n\ncathybluxo

Total Posts: 6

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

XiaoMaoMusic - 08 January 2015 09:10 AM
Really sorry!

I have been crazy slammed lately, and I try to be ambitious by writing something elaborate!

Forget that.

He did a good job.

He felt very Leonardo DiCaprio in how he looked (he was styled in a pinstriped suit and slick back hair as it was meant to be the 40s).

It is noir, so the whole thing is really stylized to begin with (Darren said "campy"), so the performance is meant to be a bit over the top.

His character was a big sleaze ball, so he spent most of the play either being menacing, threatening, violent, and ultimately pleading for his life.

There was a super cool flashback tableau thing where he had a monologue about all the women he manipulated and used (got a girl at his club promising her she could sing, and then dumping her, setting up his sister in law in an affair and then ratting her out, and double crossing a fiance) and that part was very active and he was dancy, smooching on necks, etc.

The delivery of dialogue was stylized American noir patois, which is a bit tricky (D said he patterned it after Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones).

I would say overall, he was able to lose the fact that he was "Darren" - which is EXACTLY what he was meant to do. And he was convincingly a scumbag.

There was one little TEENY Darren flourish that I noticed, he did his little sideways hand sweep gesture while in character. I dug it.

SO yes he did a good job!

H.

Hi Holly,

Thanks so much for the review. I can see Darren being a really good actor. I hope he does more. :)

Signature

\n\ncathybluxo

Total Posts: 4

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Thanks so much for the review Holly! Wish I could have been there.
Jenn

Signature

I can almost taste happiness, it\‘s such a long way off… -Darren Hayes, The Siren\‘s Call

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2014-12-19

PM

Really sorry!

I have been crazy slammed lately, and I try to be ambitious by writing something elaborate!

Forget that.

He did a good job.

He felt very Leonardo DiCaprio in how he looked (he was styled in a pinstriped suit and slick back hair as it was meant to be the 40s).

It is noir, so the whole thing is really stylized to begin with (Darren said "campy"), so the performance is meant to be a bit over the top.

His character was a big sleaze ball, so he spent most of the play either being menacing, threatening, violent, and ultimately pleading for his life.

There was a super cool flashback tableau thing where he had a monologue about all the women he manipulated and used (got a girl at his club promising her she could sing, and then dumping her, setting up his sister in law in an affair and then ratting her out, and double crossing a fiance) and that part was very active and he was dancy, smooching on necks, etc.

The delivery of dialogue was stylized American noir patois, which is a bit tricky (D said he patterned it after Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones).

I would say overall, he was able to lose the fact that he was "Darren" - which is EXACTLY what he was meant to do. And he was convincingly a scumbag.

There was one little TEENY Darren flourish that I noticed, he did his little sideways hand sweep gesture while in character. I dug it.

H.

Holly, thank you so much for this. It really made me feel I was there. I just knew Darren would be a good actor and it sounds as if I was right in my opinion. Wonderful

Joyce xx

Total Posts: 3

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Really sorry!

Forget that.

He did a good job.

H.

CUTE Holly!! You made me giggle near the end. In general I feel that emotional and/or sensitive people make the best actors/actresses so I can imagine D doing well at acting. Thanks for the review Holly!! ;) XXX

Signature

Live and Let Live; Love and Let Love!  XXX ;) Sheryl

Total Posts: 5

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Thank you for the wonderful review...I just have one question? Did his character live in the end, or meet his demise?

Really sorry!

Forget that.

He did a good job.

H.

Signature

*All That You Need Will Surely Come*

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2015-07-18

PM

BU.