Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

You are here: Home :: Forum Home :: Public Forums :: Darren Hayes :: Thread

Darren - The Actor

Total Posts: 28

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Hello dears,
had anyone the chance to attend a show and experiencing Darren's acting?
Would love to hear from your experiences!

Signature

The light of stars is shining in your eyes

Total Posts: 25

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

I agree, please share your experiences, we'd love to hear them!

Total Posts: 5

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

I was not able to see him in person, but did see a few seconds of a clip, and he was great! Too bad it wasn't captured on film, so more people could have seen it.

Signature

*All That You Need Will Surely Come*

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

yeah, too bad..
But I hope we can see more soon

Signature

Total Posts: 3

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

I can imagine Darren being a very good actor. He's very imaginative, in addition he's very passionate, and I can well imagine he would pour every element of the persona he was portraying thus conveying it into a believable character.

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2014-12-19

PM

I've always thought Darren would make a very good actor. I think he has a natural ability. I would really love to see him performing as an actor.

Come on peeps, there must be someone out there who was lucky enough to see Darren in his recent performances in the play he was in. What did you think?

xx

Total Posts: 4

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Hey All!

You are giving me a little kick in the butt to finish writing my review of the One Act Plays.

Ever since November, life has had other plans for me, but heading into a few weeks off for Winter Hols, so hoping to regain some of my fire!

: )

Holly

Joined 2014-12-19

PM

XiaoMaoMusic - 22 December 2014 01:34 PM
Hey All!

You are giving me a little kick in the butt to finish writing my review of the One Act Plays.

Ever since November, life has had other plans for me, but heading into a few weeks off for Winter Hols, so hoping to regain some of my fire!

Holly

Hi Holly. I shall look forward to reading your review xx

Total Posts: 6

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Hey All!

Holly

Yeah! Looking forward to it, Holly!

I'm cracking up at the view jumps on this post. Y'all doing the same thing I am, peeking in every time there's a new post just HOPING! haha.

Jessie

Signature

noun \\\\ˈsig-nə-ˌchu̇r, -chər, -ˌtyu̇r, -ˌtu̇r\\\\\\n: a person\‘s name written in that person\‘s handwriting.

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Hey All!

Holly

I'm looking forward to your review dear!
(^__^)

Signature

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

oooh I can't wait to read your review Holly!

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

I would agree with others in saying that Darren would make a very good actor.

I remember when he did the hugging fest in London; he really lit up the place with his persona and instantly created this special aura and everyone felt the magic. He clearly has that something special.

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Really sorry!

I have been crazy slammed lately, and I try to be ambitious by writing something elaborate!

Forget that.

He did a good job.

He felt very Leonardo DiCaprio in how he looked (he was styled in a pinstriped suit and slick back hair as it was meant to be the 40s).

It is noir, so the whole thing is really stylized to begin with (Darren said "campy"), so the performance is meant to be a bit over the top.

His character was a big sleaze ball, so he spent most of the play either being menacing, threatening, violent, and ultimately pleading for his life.

There was a super cool flashback tableau thing where he had a monologue about all the women he manipulated and used (got a girl at his club promising her she could sing, and then dumping her, setting up his sister in law in an affair and then ratting her out, and double crossing a fiance) and that part was very active and he was dancy, smooching on necks, etc.

The delivery of dialogue was stylized American noir patois, which is a bit tricky (D said he patterned it after Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones).

I would say overall, he was able to lose the fact that he was "Darren" - which is EXACTLY what he was meant to do. And he was convincingly a scumbag.

There was one little TEENY Darren flourish that I noticed, he did his little sideways hand sweep gesture while in character. I dug it.

SO yes he did a good job!

H.

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

that does sound like did a good job...(like we secretly hoped for) ^^

but no, it does sound pretty cool. him not being D...Maybe we will see more of that soon

Signature

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

XiaoMaoMusic - 08 January 2015 09:10 AM
Really sorry!

I have been crazy slammed lately, and I try to be ambitious by writing something elaborate!

Forget that.

He did a good job.

He felt very Leonardo DiCaprio in how he looked (he was styled in a pinstriped suit and slick back hair as it was meant to be the 40s).

It is noir, so the whole thing is really stylized to begin with (Darren said "campy"), so the performance is meant to be a bit over the top.

His character was a big sleaze ball, so he spent most of the play either being menacing, threatening, violent, and ultimately pleading for his life.

There was a super cool flashback tableau thing where he had a monologue about all the women he manipulated and used (got a girl at his club promising her she could sing, and then dumping her, setting up his sister in law in an affair and then ratting her out, and double crossing a fiance) and that part was very active and he was dancy, smooching on necks, etc.

The delivery of dialogue was stylized American noir patois, which is a bit tricky (D said he patterned it after Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones).

I would say overall, he was able to lose the fact that he was "Darren" - which is EXACTLY what he was meant to do. And he was convincingly a scumbag.

There was one little TEENY Darren flourish that I noticed, he did his little sideways hand sweep gesture while in character. I dug it.

H.

thanks for the review, kind of makes me feel like i was there!

Joined 2014-12-19

PM

XiaoMaoMusic - 08 January 2015 09:10 AM
Really sorry!

Forget that.

He did a good job.

H.

Thanks for that, Holly. Sounds like Darren was the actor I thought he would be. So glad you got to see him perform in this way and I really hope some more of us get to see this side of Darren some day. I have always thought he'd make a very good actor and sounds like I was right in my thinking. Thanks once again.

Joyce

xx