Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

You are here: Home :: Forum Home :: Public Forums :: Darren Hayes :: Thread

Your favorite album!!

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

Hi!

to give more forum activity I propose you all to freely declare what is your favorite album from Darren and say the reason,I like me as many of you have heard every cd in over countless times!!

Ok i start!! absolutely my favorite is:

SPIN!!

Because it's fun,bouncy,catchy and have superpop songs,Darren´s voice sound very attactive and mesmerizing also the first 7 tracks are amazings and strongest!!.

Many fans consider his first solo album as the third Savage Garden album,but sincerly dont think so but I must admit that Spin have much style/vibe of SG.

Towards a very solid pop-dance record that has nothing to envy to other albums of this type.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

I don’t have a favourite album – I tend to rotate between them depending on my mood.

Every album is unique in its own way and offers something different.

What I will say, is that the release of Secret Codes was an amazing experience as I was lucky enough to tour a handful of concerts for the first time as well as meet Darren. So a lot of happy memories surrounding that album.

Total Posts: 3

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Depending on my mood I switch between all of them. On the whole my favorite is SPIN. Some very catchy tunes I must say!!!

Total Posts: 28

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

I would say, Secrets Codes and Battleships...

but that is kind of influenced by the experiences around that album, how it was released, the concerts I attended.
I do have favourites on records, my favourite songs are on other records, but this one is my favourite as album

Signature

The light of stars is shining in your eyes

Total Posts: 6

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

I'm kinda of split minds on this. I think The Tension and The Spark is such a bold statement of an album and it's very concise and I would say objectively I think it's the best album I've ever heard. It's clearly pointed towards what it's attempting to do and it does it on the mark. Plus, I was just completely blown away when it came out in that fan sense of "HOLY CRAP THIS IS DARING" and I was so proud of him and there's a lot of those feelings in that album for me.

There's artist me that looks at This Delicate Thing with real reverence because it represents so much creative chance and experimentation and acceptance of the idea of trying something and maybe it will work and maybe it won't but regardless it's part of the process and it's here. I really admire that willingness and it's inspired me a lot.

Then I think Secrete Codes and Battleships is just really on point as a package (visually, lyrically and sonically). Every song on that album sounds like that album and looks like that album and has that soaring quality and darn it works.

THEN if I throw in personal significance the entire thing just gets even more complicated.

So, I'm terrible at this but I enjoy the conversation!

Jessie

Signature

noun \\\\ˈsig-nə-ˌchu̇r, -chər, -ˌtyu̇r, -ˌtu̇r\\\\\\n: a person\‘s name written in that person\‘s handwriting.

Total Posts: 14

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

oh dear... how could I choose one out of all those amaizing albums.
but if I have to choose, I'd choose "Secret Codes and Battleships"

btw.. I still can't believe that we have a DVD from that tour! (or both tours!)
sigh...

Signature

Now and then I go walking by the river of time, leaving all my thoughts behind…

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2015-02-24

PM

If I had to pick a favorite album I would say "The Tension and The Spark". The songs on that album helped me get through a rough patch in my life.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2015-04-19

PM

I enjoy every album thoroughly, but I must say Secret Code and Battle Ship and The Tension and The Spark hold special place in my heart. This Delicate Thing is not far behind though!! I find my self listening to it more and more recently than the other albums.

Signature

May D-Force always be with you!

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2015-04-19

PM

My Fav.Album is Secret Codes And Battleships because of The Beautiful Song Bloodstained Heart! That Song Helped Me,Pretty Much Saved My Heart,My Mind,My Life,My Soul out of a Abusive Marrige and Thankful to be away from and Divorced and after My Divorce I had alot of Rough Times! It brought me down and Hearing Darren Sing Bloodstained Heart! I Sing it in my head and out of my mouth it Saved Me from The World of Heartache and Pain and Brought Me back to the World My Soul needed to be,Joy,Love,Happiness,The Purity Of My Soul can Live in The World of Peace and Love because of Bloodstained Heart! Also Love to say The 1st Song I heard Darren Sing was Truly Madly Deeply The Song that made The Person I am Now and Inspired Me In My Music,Try Harder,Making My Dream to be a Singer Come True,To walk again from a wheelchair I been in for 10 years! 5 years now I bern walking!

Image Attachments

received_994194093925715.jpeg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2015-11-07

PM

Secret Codes and Battleships.